Our family has a semi annual tradition of eating waffles and ice cream for breakfast. I had to figure out a way to still enjoy this special meal with my little ones twice a year. Because of travel we switched our waffles and ice cream to dinner so I added chicken nuggets to the menu to make it healthy!!!
Many kids have picky eating habits when it come to special needs kids. Chicken nuggets is a very common favorite, and they know when they are being given something that they aren't used to. Tonight my kids gave me the reviews of "Awesome", "Good on the inside and out." and they were gone in time for their waffles with ice cream :)
* You can use regular flour and still create great chicken nuggets!!
* Remember not to use to much oil...when oil gets hot it expands.
* Temperature is very important in frying. Make sure your temperature stays at 350 degrees.
* The biggest tip that I can give you is not to over mix your batter.
Fold your egg whites into the batter don't mix them. When folding take the batter from the bottom of the bowl and gently fold the batter into the egg whites.
* You can use regular milk and flour for these waffles as well!
Coconut milk ice cream is pretty yummy! They even make coconut whipped cream :)