Monday, September 12, 2011

Enough for a Party!!

I was recently asked to create two cakes using apples and caramel for a luncheon.  The luncheon was being held after a funeral of a dearly beloved woman.  Her dearest family and friends would be eating and her favorite dessert was anything having to do with caramel.   
I was of course up to the challenge :)  After thinking over what I could do for a few days this is what I came up with. 
I decided to work around a play on pineapple upside down cake.  The idea of not using water for the batter came from wanting to have cinnamon and apples in the cake batter.  Using sour cream tends to keep cakes moist and I made these cakes the day before so I was needing them to stay yummy for such an important event!  Give it a try, I hope you and yours enjoy!!
Tips:
* Serve Hot or Cold
*Check the cake with the oven light before opening the door.  (The cake will sink in the middle!)
* Store in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment