Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Just Peachie!!

 I was talking to a friend yesterday and she was trying to create a few sweet recipes to add to her families diet changed menu.  Her family has a lot of food allergies and so often times the normal substitutions can even be bad for their family.  This got my creative juices flowing.  I looking in my fridge and remembered that I had just purchased some peaches...
 Tips:
* When mixing in corn starch always use cold water.
* Obviously you can use regular oats for this recipe.  If you are not worried about dairy you can use melted butter instead of the coconut oil.   
 *All purpose flour can be used instead of the ground oatmeal as well.

Tonight we topped our crisp with dairy free turtle ice cream.  The caramel went very well with the peaches :)  As the recipe states above though coconut whipped cream would be yummy as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment